Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some Dental Phobic Stories

Here are just a few of the many enquiries we get from people, the stories they have – any of these sound familiar?

"Rob, Thanks for your email. 20 years ago i was given a injection it was put so fast it blew up. I was in so much pain i cant tell you what it was like so over the past 20 years i havent been to the dentist. I did not know why my teeth over the past 5 years started to fall out split and crack…."

"Dear Rob, I have not been to a dentist in a long ,long time ,I have 3 wisdom teeth through partially , 2 broken teeth not visible and probably many fillings that need replacing,I have quite a bit of sensitivity in my teeth and the back of my lower teeth make me very sad as they have quite a build up on them and they are sensitive,I have also just had antibiotics for the first time in 10 years as a small abscess came up on the gum of the broken bottom tooth,how crazy is all this, please tell me you have seen or heard about worse! Currently If I could just go to sleep and wake up with all the work done I would be so happy! "

"I have not forgotten about your practice and I am in the position with this massive black hole below my gumline where I should have a tooth and I am petrified of having this extracted but trying to work up the courage to see you.

How do I go about meeting for a chat because this is taking over my life at the moment. I am so scared about this and what you will say about it and that I should never have left it as years and years ago it could have been saved and I am scared that it is poisoning by body as I hear horror stories! "

"My name is xxxx and I am 27. I have not been to a dentist for 11 years and hate myself for it more than i could ever express. It has got to the point that i would be too embarrassed to go now, but I need to do it I know I do. Please Help Me!"

This is just a selection from the last two weeks, we've edited them slightly to take names and details out.

These are such common stories but we are convinced here that "cowardice" and "being brave" and "guilt" shouldn't enter into things – Dentistry is a Phobia and as phobias go, it is actually quite rational!

If any of these sound familiar and you need some help, do drop us an email!

With best wishes


Rob


Warlingham Green Dental Clinic
2 Church Street
Warlingham
Surrey CR6 9RL
Tel: 01883622222
www.warlinghamgreen.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone